Sunday, December 14, 2014

I remember

I remember seeing you for the first time, I thought you were the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen, that was in 6th grade... And I still think you are

I remember the way our fingers interlocked, your thumb over mine.

I remember  Your upper lip softly pressed over mine like a blanket, your kiss kept me warm at night.

I remember summer nights with your head tucked into my shoulder, I'd kiss the top of your head, and as your curly golden hair touched my lips I knew what perfect was.

I remember skipped football practices and dance classes because we thought prancing around in tight pants seemed a little less important than what we had.

I remember thinking we had it all.

I remember when I told you I loved you

And when you said it back.

And I remember when the words "I love you" were more than just 3 meaningless syllables, that would eventually start to mean less and less to you

I remember why it ended.

I remember when hugs weren't longed for because I always had a place in your arms

I remember thinking those songs I wrote you would fix everything...

But our song was too over played and outdated maybe even too mainstream.

I remember when I traded our flame we worked so hard to get, for a flame from a cheap ass lighter I got from a gas station, it was blue.

I threw that lighter away, along with anything we ever had.

If only she knew how often I remember.

1 comment:

  1. Your upper lip softly pressed over mine like a blanket, your kiss kept me warm at night.
    But our song was too over played and outdated maybe even too mainstream.
    If only she knew how often I remember.

    I literally awed at these lines. Fantastic post.

    ReplyDelete