Sunday, October 12, 2014

This Halloween beware of cancer

This month always takes me back.
Some of the most unforgettable memories.
The experiences I watched my mother go through.
But what I learned from her strength
Are things that I can never forget.
A women so sick slowly clinging to the
Very fragile thing called life.
Still caring for her family before herself.
Still worrying about little things like,
Making sure her little boy made it to third grade on time.
The selfless love she had and still does.
The long nights she was awake in pain. 
I was asleep.
The nights I was awake
I was hoping she would wake up.
She always did. 
She always came through for me.
She gave me everything.
Yet all I can do is wear a little pink when I'm out on the field. 


Love you mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment