Sunday, October 26, 2014

A night light only does so much.

Growing up I was always afraid of the dark.
I still am...But not for the same reasons, not because of the the monsters under my bed or in the closet not because of the creeks and drips I heard late at night. Because I was always told that monsters weren't real. 
Now I know that monsters are everywhere hiding in the things that appeal to us, picking on my skin deep desires, distracting me. 
I am not afraid of the dark, but the darkness that my monsters surround me with, a darkness I may never escape, because it doesn't matter how far I get from it, it always finds me.

I don't think a night light can fix this.


1 comment:

  1. I think there's a monster in everyone.

    A darkness that a night light can't fix.
    Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete