Sunday, November 2, 2014

Roller skates

I take a look at my life and everything around me, the decisions I've Made and my mistakes are starting to drown me, but I stopped pondering on the bad things and I found me Working harder finding the good that surrounds me 

I was living life and that was fine but living doesn't always mean you're alive

Now you got your basic bull shit like you're living until your heart quits when you take a breath and in your lungs air fits but you can't possibly think that that's it so listen up to what I'm about to spit

Now imma bout to lay it down for you, take notes cuz what I'm about to say is true 
Live your life how YOU want too, don't listen to the people trying to tell you what to do cuz you know, you feel what's inside of you and no one else knows what you're going through, but to be happy you gotta do what it takes when the worlds pushing against you don't get on roller skates, hold your ground and stare adversity in the face and drive it back you'll find you're place.

This poem isn't about death... It's what you do before it steals your last breath.

3 comments:

  1. "my mistakes are starting to drown me."
    preach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last line, it have me chills. This was powerful.
    "Stare adversity in the face and drive it back you'll find you're place."
    #stolen that's a beautfiful line

    ReplyDelete