Sunday, November 9, 2014

Neature

I love the rain.

It's odd that I love something that brings sadness to my thoughts.

Shit, maybe I like being sad, because for some reason...

When I'm sad, I'm free.

My mind opens up and I can finally think.

I find peace in sadness.

I find myself in peace.

What does that cloud look like?

Who the hell cares because it's not dark.

All I care about is that rain cloud that has such a powerful grasp on me.

That allows me to loosen my grasp on reality. Finally, finally.

Why is 90% of my iPod break up songs? Why would I want to be reminded? 

Reminded what heart break feels like, who would want to feel that more than they have to? Yet our song is on replay.

Because I can't forget, I don't want to forget.

Because those songs ignite something in my heart.

Your memory is a flame, and it keeps me warm.

Until I get to close and burn myself.

Again...
And again... And again.

And not even the hardest rain could extinguish your memory.

3 comments:

  1. "Your memory is a flame, and it keeps me warm." So good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow. I have like 23 lines of this that I wanna put #stolen too. Which is almost or pretty close to this entire post. No joke I loved every line of this. Made me laugh and it's so relatable. Dang please keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the same iPod.

    I've been thinking about this for five years.

    ReplyDelete